Information for the visiting scholar
► NB: It is the host department at Lund University that requests a reservation of accommodation for their incoming guest researcher.
Make sure that you have read through the following pages on our website before contacting us:
Request a reservation
You cannot request a reservation directly as a guest researcher. Requests directly from the visiting researcher will not be accepted. Your host department requests a reservation through filling out our webform.
- (webform) Booking request for host departments
Once LU Accommodation has received a booking request, you will receive an email with further information on how to proceed:
- You will be asked to create an account in our online housing system and then create an application
- In the application you will state three housing preferences and also add other vital information, such as start date and departure date, if your family will be joining, medical conditions etc. Once this is done, the application will be reviewed by LU Accommodation to match your application with available accommodation.
- Hopefully we will be able to match your application with an available option and an offer of accommodation will be sent to you.
- You either accept or decline the offer. When accepting the offer, you sign the contract digitally online.
- A confirmation will be sent to your host department as well.
You can read more us on the following link: About LU Accommodation