Cancel your housing contract
When you receive a housing offer from us, the contract end date will in most cases be either the 1st January or the 15th June. You can log into your housing account in order to find out your current contract end date.
Before the start date of the contract
In order for the housing contract to be cancelled without any financial penalties, the student will need to make a contract cancellation request by sending an e-mail to LU Accommodation before the contract start date. Once the housing contract is active, the regulations found below will apply when a contract cancellation is requested.
After the start date of the contract
LU Accommodation has a full two month cancellation period. To cancel your contract you will need to contact us:
- on or before the 31st August if you wish to cancel your housing contract to the 31st of October.
- on or before the 30th September if you wish to cancel your housing contract to the 30th of November.
- on or before the 31st October if you wish to cancel your housing contract to the 31st of December
And so on.
What applies if I want to cancel?
- If you contact us within less than two full calendar months before the contract end date, then you will not be able to cancel your housing contract.
- A contract can only be cancelled so that it ends on the last day of a month.
- You are liable to pay until the end of the housing contract even if you move out earlier.
- Please note that special regulations may apply to contract extensions and the cancellation of a contract extension.
- You must inform LU Accommodation (luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se) of your wish to cancel the contract via an e-mail sent from the e-mail address registered with LU Accommodation.
Address: Tunavägen 20, Lund
Telephone hours suspended.
luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
046-222 08 00
Our phone hours are weekdays from 09:00 to 12:00
For disturbances outside of office hours, the same number and press 1 to get connected to our on-call security firm.
- (link) More contact details