The browser you are using is not supported by this website. All versions of Internet Explorer are no longer supported, either by us or Microsoft (read more here:

Please use a modern browser to fully experience our website, such as the newest versions of Edge, Chrome, Firefox or Safari etc.

Who can apply?

LU Accommodation is limited to offering accommodation to specific groups of primarily International students and researchers.

As a state-owned university, Lund University is limited by regulations from the Swedish Government. These regulations specify how and to whom LU Accommodation is allowed to sublet housing.

Student Accommodation

Eligible student groups

LU Accommodation can offer housing to all incoming Exchange students, and to all Programme students who pay tuition fees to Lund University. In addition to these two groups, students arriving as part of certain inter-university agreements, as well as those in Double Degree or Joint Programmes may be offered housing.

Non-eligible student groups

Unfortunately, LU Accommodation cannot offer housing to any Programme or Course students who are not part of an exchange agreement or pay tuition fees to Lund University. This means that most student from Sweden and the EU cannot apply for housing through our service. For these student groups, we recommend looking for housing as early as possible.

Information about other housing agencies

Researcher Accommodation

Incoming and newly employed researchers can apply for housing through LU Accommodation.

Read more about researcher accommodation eligibility

PhD Accommodation

LU Accommodation is able to offer housing to PhD and Postdocs, when there is enough availability. LU Accommodation needs a proof of studies or admittance to register an account. Please contact us via e-mail and we will do our best to assist you.