What is the deposit for?
- The amount which you are required to pay as a room deposit is SEK 2000. Should there be any damage or cleaning problems found in your accommodation following your departure or if there are any outstanding fees in your LU Accommodation account then a deduction will be made from the room deposit in order to cover those costs.
- Should a final room inspection indicate that there is no reason to withhold the room deposit and there are no outstanding fees in your LU Accommodation account then the room deposit refund administrative process can begin. The room deposit will be returned to the Visa card or MasterCard from which it was paid.
- If you do not return your keys on time the deposit can also be used for late key fees or a lock change.
- Please note that due to the administration surrounding the deposit refund it may take between 4 and 8 weeks, following the contract end date, for the deposit refund to reach your bank account.
When should the deposit be paid at the latest?
- If you receive a room offer from LU Accommodation then a deadline for accepting the contract and paying the room deposit (SEK 2000) will be clearly stated. There is no general deadline, each applicant has his or her own deadline for paying the room deposit.
When will the deposit be repaid to me?
- On average we have around 800 tenants leaving their accommodation during the Summer months and approximately 400 tenants who depart at the turn of the year.
- A room inspection, after departure, must take place at the tenant's room/apartment before the deposit refund administrative process can begin.
- Due to the amount of tenants moving out at the same time it may take some time before your particular room is inspected following your departure and contract end date. Once the inspection team has given the green light for a refund of all or part of the deposit the administration at our office can take place.
- A proportion of the room deposit refunds must be forwarded on to the central finance department at Lund University in order to be processed. This is why it can take between 4 and 8 weeks after your housing contract end date before you receive the deposit back. We thank you in advance for your patience.
Why have I not received a full deposit refund?
- After a tenant has moved out, LU Accommodation will conduct a room inspection to check the condition and the cleaning of the room. If the room does not meet the cleaning standards or if there are damages in the room the cost for the cleaning company and/or repairs will be deducted from the deposit.
- The cost of the cleaning company will depend on the size and the type of the room and on how long time it takes to clean the room.
- If they keys were not returned correcly this might also affect the deposit due to late key fees or lock change fees.
- You can find more information in the section Moving out.
Address: Tunavägen 20, Lund
Visits by appointment only.
Telephone hours suspended.
Monday - Friday: 09:00-10:00
Connect via Zoom (new tab)
E-mail: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
For disturbances outside of office hours, please call LU Security 046-222 08 00