You must contact LU Accommodation immediately if you discover that you have lost your keys during your period of tenancy.
Each set of keys is issued with a ‘keyfinder tag’. Please do not remove the keyfinder tag from the keys! The keyfinder tag will dramatically increase the chances of the keys being recovered if they are lost.
If you lose your keys during office hours please contact LU Accommodation:
- Regular visiting hours at Tunavägen 20, Lund: weekdays 13:00 – 15:00
- Email: researcherhousing [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
You will be issued a spare key by LU Accommodation. If the original keys are not recovered, the lock must be changed within two weeks of the keys have been reported missing. The tenant will be charged for the cost incurred. The maximum cost that a tenant can be charged for a lock change is SEK 2500.
LU Accommodation is not able to give you spare keys outside regular office hours. If you lose your keys during weekends/nights, please read the following information:
- One option is to sleep at a friend’s place or at a hostel, and contact LU Accommodation during the next working day (see above). This may be the best option if you wish to avoid the costs of either LU Security gaining you access to your accommodation or the cost of a locksmith. Please note that the costs which you incur for a short term accommodation solution (hostel or hotel etc.) will be at your own expense..
- Another option is to call LU Security (046-222 08 00). They have a general key which can be used to open the door of accommodation found at the following housing areas only:
Malmö Folkets Park,
Sofieberg (but only if the traditional key hasn’t been used to lock the door),
If you choose this option you will be charged SEK 1200 for the service, plus any subsequent cost for changing the lock, if the key is not recovered within two weeks.
- Tenants living at all other housing areas can be given the number of a locksmith by LU Security, the locksmith will then open the room for you. You will have to pay the locksmith for the cost of opening the door plus any subsequent cost for changing the lock if the key is not recovered within two weeks.
- If you lose your keys on a Friday after office hours, it is your responsibility to weigh up the pluses and minuses of any temporary accommodation or paying for either LU Security or a locksmith to open your door for you.
- In the event of theft or robbery, especially if the keys are lost together with personal information (ID, address etc), it is highly urgent that you contact LU Security (046-222 08 00) to avoid the risk of burglary.
LU Accommodation - Guest researcher
LU Accommodation - Guest Researcher
Address: Tunavägen 20 Lund
Regular visiting hours:
Mon - Fri 13:00 - 15:00
Between the 17th of June up until the 9th of August, our reception will be open Monday: 13.00 - 15:00 and Friday: 13:00 - 15:00
Email: researcherhousing [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
For emergencies or disturbances outside of office hours that can not wait until the following day, please contact LU-Security +46 46 222 08 00