The application and allocation process
Step 1. Register a housing account
One the day and hour when the application opens, you may register for a housing account. The link will be available on LU Accommodation's website. Please be aware that you can create an account and apply for housing before you have received your Letter of Acceptance or Admission results.
Step 2. Create a housing application
You will be asked to fill in the following information:
- Personal details
- Information about your studies
- Housing preferences (5 mandatory preferences)
- Special requirement (medical condition, wish to share accommodation with another particular student)
See our application tutorial for more information.
Step 3. Confirmation e-mail
Once you have made the housing application you will receive a confirmation e-mail with a summary of your application. Please make sure that all the details are correct. If any changes are needed, send an e-mail to luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
What happens then? Once you have made an application the staff members at LU Accommodation will work with allocating students to housing.
When the application closes the allocation process starts. We will allocate the available rooms according to the priority model established by Lund University.
LU Accommodation will contact you via your housing account and via the e-mail you registered with the results of your housing application. You will then receive one of the following results:
- Waiting List: If you are placed on the waiting list you can no longer rely entirely on LU Accommodation to provide you with housing. Follow the instructions in the e-mail that was sent to you. For more information regarding the waiting list please see here.
- Room Offer: If you receive a room offer you can go here to find more information on what to do.
Please see the links below for further information:
- Download pdf "The application and allocation process"
- Terms and Conditions of the housing guarantee
- FAQ - before applying
- FAQ - application tutorial
- If you receive a room offer
Address: Tunavägen 20, Lund
Visits by appointment only.
Telephone hours suspended.
Monday - Friday: 09:00-10:00
Connect via Zoom (new tab)
E-mail: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
For disturbances outside of office hours, please call LU Security 046-222 08 00