Lost keys - Eddan
If you lock your key inside your room:
During office hours (weekdays 07.00 – 16.30):
- Option 1: Visit LU Accommodation during visiting hours. We will activate a new tag for you so that you can access your room. You will then need to return the first (now deactivated) tag to our office within 24 hours. This service is free of charge. If you fail to return the first tag within 24 hours, you will need to pay a fee of SEK 300 for the replacement tag.
- Option 2: Make a fault report to the caretakers. They will come to Eddan during the day and let you into your room. This service is charged SEK 300. The fee will be added to your online housing account.
Outside of office hours (16.30 – 07.00 weekdays and all weekends and holidays): Call LU Security (046-222 08 00) and they will come to Eddan and let you into your room. This service is charged SEK 850 and will be added to your online housing account. If you do not want to pay this fee, you will have to wait until the next working day and choose one of the options above.
If you lose your key:
- If you lose your keys you must contact LU Accommodation immediately (contact details to the right).
- You will receive a new tag at our reception during visiting hours. The tenant will be charged for the cost incurred.
Lost keys during weekends/nights/holidays:
LU Accommodation is not able to give you a new tag outside visiting hours.
If you lose your keys during weekends/nights/holidays, please read the following information:
- An option is to sleep at a friend’s place or at a hostel, and contact LU Accommodation the next working day. This can be an option in order to avoid expensive costs. Please note that the cost of the hostel will be at the tenant’s own expense.
- Another option is to call LU Security (046-222 08 00). They can come and open the room for you, but they cannot give you a new tag. This service is charged SEK 850. If you do not want to wait until the next working day to receive a new tag, you will need to ask LU Security for the number of a locksmith. This service is usually very expensive and is therefore not recommended. The tenant is expected to pay the cost of the service plus the cost of a lock change at the room.
If you cannot enter your room, please do the following:
- Make sure that your tag is activated: Go to the tag reader outside your corridor and hold the tag against it for several seconds. Thereafter try to open your room.
- If you still cannot enter your room, please contact LU Accommodation (weekdays 07.00 – 16.30) or LU Security (weekdays 16.30 – 07.00, and all weekends and holidays: 046-222 08 00). If there should be a fault with your key/lock you will not be charged any fee.
LU Accommodation Student
LU Accommodation - Student
Address: Winstrupsgatan 8 Lund
Regular visiting hours:
Mon - Fri 13:00 - 15:00
Telephone: +46 (0)46-2220100
(press 2 for English and then 1 for accommodation)
Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 12:00 & 13:00 - 15:00
Email: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se