- You must contact LU Accommodation immediately if you discover that you have lost your keys during your period of tenancy.
- Click here for visiting hours and phone hours.
- Email: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
- Each set of keys is issued with a ‘keyfinder tag’. Please do not remove the keyfinder tag from the keys! The keyfinder tag will dramatically increase the chances of the keys being recovered if they are lost.
Option 1: Come by the office (visiting hours). You will be issued a spare key or LU Accommodation will create a new tag for you if possible. If the original keys are not recovered, the lock must be changed within two weeks of the keys have been reported missing. The tenant will be charged for the cost incurred:
Lost room tag: SEK 500
Lock change: SEK 2500
Option 2: (Eddan, Sofieberg, Margaretavägen, Baustastenen and Ideon Student House) If you locked your key inside your room you may make a fault report to the caretakers. They will come to your housing area during the day and let you into your room. This service is charged SEK 300. The fee will be added to your online housing account.
LU Accommodation is not able to give you spare keys outside regular office hours. If you lose your keys during weekends/nights, please read the following information:
- One option is to sleep at a friend’s place or at a hostel, and contact LU Accommodation during the next working day (see above). This may be the best option if you wish to avoid the costs of either LU Security gaining you access to your accommodation or the cost of a locksmith. Please note that the costs which you incur for a short term accommodation solution (hostel or hotel etc.) will be at your own expense.
- Another option is to call LU Security (046-222 08 00). They have a general key which can be used to open the door of accommodation found at the following housing areas only:
If you choose this option you will be charged SEK 1200 for the service, plus any subsequent cost for changing the lock, if the key is not recovered within two weeks.
- Tenants living at all other housing areas can be given the number of a locksmith by LU Security, the locksmith will then open the room for you. You will have to pay the locksmith for the cost of opening the door plus any subsequent cost for changing the lock if the key is not recovered within two weeks.
- If your room needs to be opened, it is your responsibility to weigh up the pluses and minuses of any temporary accommodation or paying for either LU Accommodation, LU Security or a locksmith to open your door for you.
- In the event of theft or robbery, especially if the keys are lost together with personal information (ID, address etc), it is highly urgent that you contact LU Security (046-222 08 00) to avoid the risk of burglary.
Address: Tunavägen 20, Lund
Visits by appointment only.
Telephone hours suspended.
Monday - Friday: 09:00-10:00
Connect via Zoom (new tab)
E-mail: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se
For disturbances outside of office hours, please call LU Security 046-222 08 00