FAQ Room offer
Room offers are sent from LU Accommodation to the email address registered in your housing application. Please log on to your housing account regularly and check your spam inbox to not miss the room offer.
LU Accommodation cannot make you more than one room offer. If you decline this room offer or do not accept it within the deadline, your housing application will be rejected.
Please also note that all students will not receive a room offer. Find more information about the waiting list.
Click on the link below to find the answer to your question:
- I would like to know more about the room I have been offered
- What is included in the rent?
- I have received a room offer but it is not in accordance with any of my preferences. Why?
- Can I extend the contract?
- I do not want the room offer you have given me. What should I do?
- Why is the rent so high for the room I have been offered?
- Can I change rooms?
- I did not know that I had a room offer and now the deadline for the offer has passed. What should I do?
- I have accepted the contract but now I would like to cancel it. How can I do that?
- I have not received my residence permit yet. Should I accept the room offer anyway?
- Can I sub-let my room/apartment?
- We do not offer visits of the rooms, but we are working on creating videos to show off housing areas and rooms. You can find the finished videos on our youtube channel.
- We are not able to provide you with more information than the information found on this webpage. This is because of the variety of accommodation we offer. You can possibly find former tenants on social media that can provide you with information about what it is like to live in our different housing areas.
- You can find information here about our different room types and housing areas.
- Please see the description of what is included in the rent here.
- The room types are not the same at all housing areas. You can find information here about our different room types and housing areas.
- There were no rooms remaining in the housing areas you have requested when we allocated you.
- The 5 housing preferences give us an indication of what type of housing you prefer, but we cannot ensure that you will receive a room offer in any of those 5 housing areas.
- The opportunity to extend the housing contract will be offered to our tenants during Autumn 2018. More information will be made available to you during the autumn term: http://www.luaccommodation.lu.se/accommodation-student/living-with-us/ex...
- Please note that you can only extend your contract if you are a student during the period you wish to extend for.
- If you are a tuition fee paying master student you will initially be offered a contract for one or two semester that you later have to extend to keep your housing guarantee. The housing guarantee is only valid if you have a continuous housing contract for the full duration of your study period. Read more about the terms and conditions for housing guarantee here.
- Since different rules apply for different groups of students there are no easy answers to questions related to extensions. More information about how and when to extend will be sent to all tenants during their stay.
- You are of course free to decline the offer. You log on to your housing account and choose “decline offer”. It is however urgent that you understand that we will not be able to give you another room offer.
- You can also choose to accept the room offer and continue your search for accommodation on the private market. You have up until the day before the contract starts to notify us about your wish to withdraw from the contract. We will then fully refund the deposit of SEK 2000 and any rent that you might have paid.
- Please note that no further room offers will be sent once you have withdrawn from a contract.
Rent varies due to size, location, owner of the building, when the building or room was last refurbished. You can compare prices and more here.
No, we do not offer our tenants the possibility of changing rooms during their stay. We make no exceptions from this regulation.
I did not know that I had a room offer and now the deadline for the offer has passed. What should I do?
- Once we allocated you to a room, an email will automatically be sent to you, asking you to log on to your housing account to view your room offer. The email will be sent to the email address you stated when you applied for accommodation.
- The housing offer is only available to you during a limited time period (usually 7 days) and you are asked to accept or decline the offer and to pay the deposit before the offer expires. It has happened that our emails have not reached students because of an all too efficient spamfilter. Please therefore also check your online housing account once a week to see if we have made you any room offer.
- LU Accommodation cannot be held responsible for what happens after our email is sent. When you made the application it was clearly stated that you should check your mail regularly (spam inbox as well) during the allocation process. If you do not accept the offer before the deadline it will be offered to another applicant and your housing application will be rejected.
- You have up until the day before the contract starts to notify us about your wish to be released from the contract. As an example: if the start date of your contract is the 9th August you have to notify us no later than the 8th of August if you wish to be released from the contract. If you do so, we will fully refund the deposit of SEK 2000 as well as any rent you have paid up until that point.
- Once the contract has begun you can cancel your contract but only with three full calendar months' notice. For example, if you notify us during October, the contract will end on the last day of January and you are liable for rent until this date.
- You must inform LU Accommodation of your wish to shorten the contract length via an e-mail sent from the e-mail address registered with LU Accommodation.
- We recommend that you accept the room offer, pay the deposit and wait for more news regarding your residence permit process. Please see the question above for more information.
- If you do not wish to pay for a room while you wait for your residence permit, you have to notify us no later than the day before the start date of your contract to be released from the contract. Depending on what type of student you are, it is not certain that we will be able to give you any further room offer. Example: if the start date of your contract is the 8th January and you have still not received your residence permit by the 7th January, you have to decide if you wish to keep the contract and be liable for rent even if you cannot travel to Lund yet.
You are not allowed to sub-let your room nor have other people living with you in the room. This includes all subletting services, for example Bopoolen and Airbnb. The room is only for the person(s) named on the contract. Failure to follow these rules may cause your contract to be cancelled.
LU Accommodation Student
LU Accommodation - Student
Address: Tunavägen 20 Lund
Telephone: 046 - 222 01 00
Telephone Hours: Monday - Friday: 09:00-12:00
Email: luacc [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se