Javascript is not activated in your browser. This website needs javascript activated to work properly.


It is important to read through the following information regarding insurance. You will need to be covered by a home insurance when staying in accommodation provided by us, LU Accommodation.

Do not hesitate to ask your host department if you are unsure what kind of insurance you will be covered by while visiting Lund University.

Home insurance

Incoming guests, staff and interns with no Swedish personal number from the Tax Office are covered by  Insurance for foreign visitors (former GIF) through Kammarkollegiet. Please read more about that here.

The insurance offered by ‘Student IN’, ‘FAS+’ and  Insurance for foreign visitors/'GIF' has a property cover as well as a liability cover. The property and liability cover in this insurance can be equated to a home insurance policy issued by a private insurance company.

Incoming students and others that are covered by ‘Student IN’, ‘FAS+’ and Insurance for foreign visitors/ 'GIF' through Kammarkollegiet that have a housing contract with LU Accommodation do not therefore need to obtain a separate home insurance through a private insurance company in Sweden.

Guest researchers not covered by  Insurance for foreign visitors (former GIF) or have/will receive a Swedish personal number, need to obtain a home insurance policy through a private home insurance company independently.

More information about insurances

International staff at Lund university are covered by different insurances, please read more here:

Page Manager:

LU Accommodation - Guest researcher


LU Accommodation - Guest Researcher
Address: Tunavägen 20 Lund

Regular visiting hours:
Mon - Fri 13:00 - 15:00

Email: researcherhousing [at] service [dot] lu [dot] se

For emergencies or disturbances outside of office hours that can not wait until the following day, please contact LU-Security +46 46 222 08 00