You must contact LU Accommodation immediately if you discover that you have lost your keys during your tenancy period.
Each set of keys is issued with a ‘keyfinder tag’. Please do not remove the keyfinder tag from the keys! The keyfinder tag will increase the chances of the keys being recovered if they are lost.
If you lose your keys during office hours please contact LU Accommodation:
- Regular visiting hours at Winstrupsgatan 8 Lund: weekdays 13:00 – 15:00
Click here for special visiting hours.
- Regular phone hours (+46 (0)46-2220100): weekdays 09:00 – 12:00 & 13:00 – 15:00
- Email: luacc [at] service.lu.se
You will receive a spare key. If the original keys are not recovered, the lock must be changed within two weeks after the keys have been reported missing. The tenant will be charged for the cost incurred. The maximum cost for a lock change is SEK 2500.
LU Accommodation is not able to give you spare keys outside regular office hours.
If you lose your keys during weekends/nights, please read the following information:
- An option is to sleep at a friend’s place or at a hostel, and contact LU Accommodation the next working day (see above). This can be an option in order to avoid the cost of a locksmith. Please note that the cost of the hostel will be at the tenant’s own expense.
- Another option is to call LU Security (046-222 08 00). They do not have a general key to open your room, but they will give you the number of a locksmith. The locksmith will open the room for you. You will have to pay the cost for opening the door plus any cost for changing the lock if the key is not recovered within two weeks. You will be expected to pay the cost of the service plus the cost of a lock change at the room.
- If you lose your keys on a Friday after office hours, it is your responsibility to weigh up the pluses and minuses of checking into a hostel or employing the services of a locksmith.
- In the event of theft or robbery, especially if the keys are lost together with personal information (ID, address etc), it is highly urgent that you contact LU Security (046-222 08 00) to avoid the risk of burglary.
LU Accommodation Student
LU Accommodation - Student
Address: Winstrupsgatan 8 Lund
Regular visiting hours:
Mon - Fri 13:00 - 15:00
Telephone: +46 (0)46-2220100
(press 2 for English and then 1 for accommodation)
Mon - Fri: 09:00 - 12:00 & 13:00 - 15:00
Email: luacc [at] service.lu.se